วันพฤหัสบดีที่ 29 ธันวาคม พ.ศ. 2554

How to Transition Into a Normal Conversation When Approaching Women

Transitioning

Transitioning refers to changing the conversational thread off of the opener and into a normal conversation. There are several techniques for transitioning. I call my technique, "shifted openers".

Transition Coaching

Shifted Openers

How to Transition Into a Normal Conversation When Approaching Women

A shifted opener shifts the focus of the conversation from being about strangers, to being about the girls, to being about you, or from being about strangers to being about us. Schematically, it looks like "strangers-them-me" or "strangers-us". You do this by first running the opener, then by having the people in the conversation relate to the topic of the opener or a related conversational thread, then by again relating your experience to theirs via a similar conversational thread.

Here's an example of shifting the focus of an opener:

"Hey guys, my buddy Jon just broke up with his girlfriend, how long does he have to wait to date her friend?" - Opener

"Three weeks." - They answer

"Okay, check this out. Have you ever been in a relationship, where you were kind of over it, and you had already mentally written the person off, but not officially?" - Shift the focus to them, have them relate their experience. We can see that I'm having them relate their experience on a similar conversational thread (not the same one) to what the opener was about.

"Yes/no/maybe" - They answer

"Well I was in a similar situation, my ex girlfriend... Blah blah blah, off into an attraction story". I relate both their experience and my friends experience to me, and am off into an attraction bit about relationships.

You can see how the story dealt with a stranger to the group (in this case a friend to me but a stranger to them), then related his experience to their experience, then related their experience to my experience, and allows me to seamless transition into my attraction story.

Pros:

-Seamless transition into an attraction story.

-Can immediately start grounding my identity and experience via a well justified story.

Neutral (Depends on how you look at it):

-Requires them to minimally invest when they are asked to relate to their experience.

Con:

-If you do this wrong, you risk "milking the opener". This means that you can risk ending up talking about the opener too much without establishing a real conversation.

The way to avoid this is to 1) by shifting the focus from "stranger- them- me" and 2) every time you shift the focus, change the conversational thread slightly, but keep it on a general topic. For example, in the above paragraph, the general topic was dating, but I shifted the thread from "how long someone should wait to date a friend's friend", to "mentally writing off relationships", to this one relationship I had. You need to make sure you have a story or idea to express once the opener is shifted to you.

I really like this technique, and when executed well it's definitely one of the most natural transitions I've ever experienced in set.

Mav

How to Transition Into a Normal Conversation When Approaching Women

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น